LADY ON THE WEB

the virtual journal of Celia Gray

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

Red-Letter Day for Co-host Gray

Miss Underwood and I are very excited.

Today, at 3 pm EST, we finished reading through a 5,000-pp. corpus.
For almost 3.5 years we have been reading, correcting, revising, editing, deleting, composing, adding, learning and extrapolating re ALICE's original script. Many a time, we didn't think we would see daylight on this encylopaedic venture. A paucity of funding and occasional ill health on both sides of the Atlantic caused project activity, at times, to slow to a crawl. But we have reached this initial goal.

I'd like to be the most thought-provoking Web host that I can. One of my kind guests said that being on Lady on the Web was like talking to a seer. This thrilled and humbled me. But then, the aim of every artist is to remain true to an inner vision.

Next phase: Targeting a stack of chat transcripts several inches thick.